How to Earn Rewards With Discover it Student Cash Back
The Discover it Student Cash Back card earns 5% cash back on everyday purchases at different places each quarter like Amazon.com, grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations and when you pay using PayPal, up to the quarterly maximum when you activate. Plus, the card earns unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases automatically.
Follow the 5% cash back calendar on Discover’s website to maximize your reward earnings.
How to Redeem Rewards With Discover it Student Cash Back
Cardholders can redeem rewards worth 1 cent or more as a credit to their account, an electronic deposit to their bank account, a donation to select charities or to pay for purchases from select merchants. Rewards worth $5 or more can be redeemed for gift cards or e-certificates.
What Are the Fees Associated With Discover it Student Cash Back?
- Annual fee: Discover it Student Cash Back doesn’t charge an annual fee.
- Balance transfer fee: 3% intro balance transfer fee, up to 5% fee on future balance transfers (see terms)*.
- Cash advance fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Late payment fee: None the first time you pay late. After that, up to $41.
- Returned payment fee: The returned payment fee for Discover it Student Cash Back can be up to $41.
What Is Discover it Student Cash Back’s APR?
Discover it Student Cash Back has an introductory 0% APR on purchases for the first six months the account is open. After that, the APR on purchases and balance transfers is a variable 15.24% – 24.24% Variable APR, depending on your creditworthiness.
Questions About Discover it Student Cash Back
Q: Which Discover card is best for students?
A: Not all Discover cards are a good fit for students, but Discover it Student Cash Back is likely a good choice for many. Students building credit can use the card to earn cash back rewards.
Q: What credit score is needed for Discover it Student Cash Back?
A: Discover doesn’t share the minimum credit score required to get approved for Discover it Student Cash Back, and with student credit card applications, it considers information other than credit scores.
Q: Is Discover it Student Cash Back a good credit card?
A: Discover it Student Cash Back is a good card for students and has one of the highest cash back rates of any student card for categories you’ll probably use often while in school.
Should You Get Discover it Student Cash Back?
- Are a student and want a rewards card.
- Can maximize rewards by activating and spending on quarterly bonus categories.
- Want a credit card with no annual fee.