Some of the links on this site contain offers from our partners.
Visa Signature is the most common tier of premium benefits offered for Visa credit cards. If your card says “Signature” under its Visa logo, you’re eligible for perks from this program. Find out more about what a Visa Signature card means for you.
What Are the Benefits of Visa Signature Cards?
All of Visa Signature’s benefits can be found and redeemed on the Visa Signature website. Benefits include:
- Travel protections. Visa Signature offers travel assistance perks, including help with emergency medical and transportation needs, emergency ticket replacement, luggage location services, and document delivery services. Some cards also have additional travel benefits, like trip cancellation, interruption or delay reimbursement; Global Entry statement credit; airport lounge access; and hotel theft protection.
- ID theft protection. A commonly used Visa Signature benefit is its free NortonLifeLock identity theft protection, which monitors the web for data related to your account, notifies you of any breaches and assists with replacing stolen documents. Thomas Talley, vice president, head of U.S. credit at Visa, says consumers are increasingly worried about identity theft. “In a recent Visa U.S. credit benefit research study, an identity theft protection benefit ranked No. 3 in customer preference out of 60 benefits tested,” he says.
- Extended warranty. You may be able to extend the manufacturer’s warranty on items you purchased with your Visa Signature card. The protection extends a manufacturer’s warranty by up to a year and covers up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder.
- Luxury hotel privileges. Visa partners with luxury hotels around the world to offer discounts and rebates for Visa Signature cardholders. Some hotels offer one night free, while others offer rebates on hotel rooms or dining. Visa Signature also offers discounts and rebates on some cruise lines.
- Concierge services. Visa Signature offers free 24/7 concierge services that you can access by phone or email. The concierges can assist with planning and booking travel, dining and entertainment experiences around the world.
- Discounted experiences. Many discounted experiences are available through Visa Signature. Some recent benefits include complimentary wine tasting tickets, discounted golf fees at courses around the world, and presale access for select concerts and one free ticket with purchase.
Visa Signature benefits are also regularly updated. According to Talley, one of the most popular benefits that launched during the pandemic was a Shipt membership, which offers free same-day delivery for household items and groceries for orders over $35. Visa Signature also plans to launch more benefits later in 2022. Because of this, Talley recommends regularly checking the benefits listed online.
Do Visa Signature Cards Have Any Additional Rewards?
Depending on the card issuer, Visa Signature cards may also have additional benefits from their bank or credit union. “Beyond our core Visa Signature benefits, many cards include additional benefits, such as insurances or premium travel benefits,” says Talley.
Visa Signature Drawbacks
Before taking advantage of your Visa Signature card benefits, understand how they work and if there are any restrictions. To ensure you don’t miss out on your benefits, “Read the benefit terms and conditions, as there can be several exceptions,” says Geoff Whitmore, a credit card expert at Johnny Jet. “For example, you must decline the car rental agency’s insurance coverage to be eligible for the complimentary collision damage waiver protection.”
Top-Rated Visa Signature Cards
One of the highest-rated Visa Signature cards according to U.S. News’ data is the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card. In addition to the standard Visa Signature benefits, the Altitude card earns five points per dollar spent on hotels and car rentals booked through the Altitude Rewards Center and four points per dollar spent on travel, gas and electric vehicle charging stations. Other purchases earn at least one point. Cardholders will not have to pay an annual fee for the first year, and after that, it is $95 annually.
Another highly rated Visa Signature card is the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card. The Amazon Rewards card has no annual fee and offers Visa Signature benefits as well as 3% cash back on all purchases from the Amazon website or Whole Foods Market; 2% back on restaurant, drugstore and gas station spending; and 1% back on all other purchases.
Visa Signature Competitors
Like Visa Signature, Mastercard World Elite is a card tier that features travel benefits and cell phone and ID theft protection. Mastercard offers a variety of discounted experiences around the world through its World Elite Priceless benefits, including live events, travel tours, tourist attractions and classes. World Elite cards also offer discounts on services like DoorDash, HelloFresh, Lyft and ShopRunner.
While Mastercard World Elite may have more experience benefits, Visa Signature offers more travel protections, like trip reimbursement, baggage delay rebates and hotel theft protection – depending on the card.
Should You Get a Visa Signature Card?
If you are looking for a credit card that comes with a lot of protections, Visa Signature can help insure your travel, extend your warranties and protect your identity. Many Visa Signature cards have low or no annual fees, so they offer a lot of benefits for their value.
As you evaluate your options, though, make sure you understand each card’s benefits and consider other factors, like fees and annual percentage rate. “Comparing cards may take time, but researching the benefits that work best for you can be as valuable as the sign-up bonus or rewards program,” says Whitmore.